Reproductive Endocrinology (RE)
Definition - What does Reproductive Endocrinology (RE) mean?
Reproductive endocrinology is a sub-specialty of Obstetrics and Gynecology that focuses on treating men and women with infertility or reproductive system issues.
Reproductive endocrinology is also referred to as reproductive endocrinology and infertility.
FertilitySmarts explains Reproductive Endocrinology (RE)
Reproductive endocrinologists deal with reproductive health issues, including:
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Fibroids and polyps
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Hypothalamic pituitary dysfunction
- Tubal factor infertility
- Hormone management
- Endocrine disorders
- Recurrent pregnancy loss
This field also encompasses assisted reproductive technologies and other fertility treatments, such as:
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Artificial insemination
- Infertility testing and evaluation
- Fertility preservation and oncofertility
- Same sex or single partner fertility
- Donor gametes (sperm, eggs, embryos)