It’s getting warmer and the pregnant bellies are coming out. I can’t help but wonder who went through treatment and who conceive by getting sneezed on.
All in all, I found this month to be a more introspective one and in May, I came across a range of posts that made me feel a rollercoaster of emotions… much like I did when I was taking Clomid.
I hope you enjoy, relate, smile and are even inspired (just a teeny bit) by some of the Instagram Images and love I’m about to send your way!
1. While I’m pretty sure this picture was doctored, this is very much the kind of day I’d relate to in MY neighborhood. Mr. Infertility’s Neighborhood. Right?
2. On one hand, I just think, “COOKIES! YUM!” On the other hand, I want to make a joke about now swallowing the sperm cookies. I know, I know. I’m terrible… but I can’t be the only one who thought that.
View this post on Instagram
4. Ok, this one… I have NO joke other than a resounding A-EFFING-MEN!View this post on Instagram
#InfertilityFact: self-care is not optional. I don’t think this is limited to #infertility, but it’s something I think those of us who are going through treatment need to seriously consider. Treatment, appointments, and juggling financial and emotional stress all contribute to a different kind of burnout and exhaustion that doesn’t let up just because a treatment ends. We’ve definitely experienced that exhaustion in our previous cycles and y’all, it is so terrible. It has diminished creativity, energy, and the zest for our work and family lives, and we’re trying hard to avoid it during our last #IUI. 🤞🍍 Things I’m doing this cycle to be conscientious of my mental and emotional health: Yoga 🧘♀️ @blueapron meals 🍽 Face masks 🧖♀️ Reading @real_simple & @poetryfoundation Extra family time 💗 Date nights ♥️ Writing ✍️ Manicure & pedicure 💅 And here’s the hardest one: resting. 💤 I struggle against a busy schedule every day and each spare moment I have, I want to spend it doing something productive. Sometimes, infertility doesn’t allow for that. Sometimes, my productivity has to take a back seat to my health, and that is no easy task! I hope you’ll take time to listen to your body and put your schedule on hold just like we have been trying to do, because it does make a difference! ♥️🍍♥️🍍
5. When you’re going through fertility treatment, long stretches of trying to conceive contrived sex, IVF, an infertility diagnosis or well, just living, you absolutely need a list of things to give to yourself including the time to read the “Social Summary from Fertility Smarts!”
6. Ummmmm…. This is SOOOOO the infertility experience right here. Tears and hormones, repeat.
7. I love pretty much anything in a “to go” bag. Now if they could just work on where they stick the needle when they extract the eggs. OUCH.View this post on Instagram
When you have to do your shots anywhere but home, take your essentials on the road. ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ .⠀ #ivfgifts #art #ttcgifts #infertilitysucks #fertilitymilestonecards #tww #bfp #itsconceivable #faithoverfear #ivftogo #ivfontheroad #bestong #shotsshotsshots #ivfcommunity #fertility #njfertility #fertilityawareness #ivfcards #conceivabledesigns #patient #ivfmom #iuimom⠀
8. If you were one of the folks who did not like the ending to the Game of Thrones, you still have to like it more than needles in your butt. #gameofprogesteroneView this post on Instagram
Some GOT Fertility humor for you! #ohthehormones #bravingit #infertilitysucks ****.****************************************** #infertilitysupport #infertility #pcos #ivf #iui #pregnancyloss #infertilityjourney #bravingit #supportgroup #ttccommunity #miscarriage #ttccommunitysupport #infertilitysucks #ivfjourney #ttcjourney #ttcsisters #ttctribe #ttcsister #ttcaftermiscarriage #endometriosis #endowarrior #endo #endosucks #normalizeit #bravingit #ttcwarrior #infertilitymemes #infertilitymeme Originally posted by @bravinginfertilitytogether
9. I REALLY think they should make negative pregnancy tests have little Etcher Sketch games in them. C’mon. It would be fun. You could spell out, “FU” with them. Think of the possibilities!
10. To quote Arden, “If I were any more relaxed, I would be dead.” And who doesn’t love a “Mean Girls” reference?View this post on Instagram
Ya’ll I love a reference and Mean Girls literally goes with everything but in all seriousness, when are people going to stop telling us to relax? If I were any more relaxed, I would be dead. 🤷♀️ I swear some people I talk to (a parent in particular) always tells me to calm down and stop stressing out. Apparently, it will happen when it happens. Oh, okay. 😒 ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ We have been doing this for two years now and I can easily say that the first year was super duper stressful (mostly on me) but since that year mark, what’s there to stress over? I’m actually a pretty calm person. Plus, I now understand that I have ZERO control in this so my hands are in the air. I have anxiety, sure, but overall I’m not a stressed person. Ya’ll haven’t seen my head hit a pillow, I can fall asleep in seconds. Would I be able to do that if I were stressed? NO. 👊 ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Okay, here’s a list of emotions that I do currently feel from time to time: - Happy - Angry - Anxious - Excited - Tired - Hungry (is that an emotion?) Now here’s a list of emotion(s) that I DON’T currently feel from time to time: - Stressed ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Ya’ll get the point. I know that people mean well, I do. I don’t think that anyone means any harm but there are so many things they could say instead of “relax” like “I’m sorry that you are having a hard time. I’m thinking of you” or something, I don’t know. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Comment below and tell me what’s something that people say to you in response to your infertility or experience with pregnancy loss that really grinds your gears. Or you can just comment your favorite Mean Girls reference, both types of comments are welcome. 🙌🤣
11. I always loved this quote and it’s SO true and there need to be more reminders of it… like on t-shirts and embroidered on pillows, and handed out at family gatherings, and office parties and basically someone shouting it on street corners...
12: YOUR OFFICIAL REMINDER!